A popular benzodiazepine medication for the treatment of anxiety disorders, panic attacks and seizures is Diazepam Sleeping Pills. It is also used for getting relief in muscle spasms and to sedate a patient before surgery.
Diazepam relaxes the brain and the central nervous system and allows a serene rest to insomniacs. It affects the functioning of GABA receptors in the brain and promotes drowsiness among sleep disorder patients.
How to use Diazepam (Valium) Sleeping Pill ?
Diazepam should be taken after seeking the advice of a healthcare professional. You must read the usage instructions and the safety warnings on the pack of the medicine carefully before its use. This tablet should be swallowed with a glass of water before bedtime.
Before the use of Diazepam Sleeping Pill inform your doctor:
• If you are allergic to benzodiazepines or any of its ingredients.
• If you have complications of lung, liver, heart and kidney.
• If you suffer from depression, personality disorder or have suicidal thoughts.
• If you have an irregular supply of blood to the brain (arteriosclerosis)
• If you have a history of breathing problems, asthma or sleep apnea.
• If you have a history of alcoholism or drug abuse.
• If you have a history of epilepsy or seizures.
Use of Diazepam Sleeping Pills could lead to:
• Dependence: You must take Diazepam Sleeping Pills for a short duration. Regular use of this medicine may lead to dependence. After a certain period of time, you may be required to increase the dose and the duration of treatment in order to get a similar effect. Patients with a history of drug abuse or alcoholism are more prone to this dependence.
• Tolerance: Speak to your doctor if the tablets are not showing the effect which they used to at the beginning of the treatment. It happens because your body has become tolerant to the use of this medicine.
• Withdrawal symptoms: Take the advice of your physician before reducing the dose or stopping the use of Valium. Researchers have shown that abrupt stoppage may lead to withdrawal symptoms such as rebound insomnia.
• Amnesia: Use of higher dose of the medicine may lead to partial or total memory loss (amnesia).
• Mental side effects: Connect with your doctor if you experience adverse reactions such as agitation, nightmares, hallucinations, restlessness, hyperactivity or aggressiveness. Studies have shown that elderly individuals are more prone to these side effects.
Safety warnings before the use of Diazepam sleeping Pills
• Diazepam should never be blended with liquor or intoxicating substances. These elements could increase the sedative effects. On the other hand, use of caffeine could reduce the effect of this medicine.
• You should avoid driving a car or operating heavy machinery after the use of Diazepam.
• Pregnant women and lactating mothers should stay away from its use.
Mild and Adverse Side effects of Diazepam Sleeping Pills
Use of Diazepam sleeping pills could lead to common side effects such as fatigue, confusion, loss of coordination and withdrawal symptoms. Rare side effects of this pill are impaired memory, headache, dizziness, balance disorders, difficulty in concentration, allergic reaction, increased salivation, stomach and intestinal problems, slurred speech, blurred vision etc. http://www.sleeptab.com/diazepam