How Ambien (Zolpidem) Tablets Works?
Ambien activates the neurotransmitter GABA and binds it to the GABA receptors. It inhibits the neuron that is related to sleeplessness. It slows down the brain and the central nervous system and leads to sleep.
Safety Precautions Before the use of Zolpidem
Ambien (Zolpidem) should always be taken after consulting a healthcare provider. Appropriate dosage is necessary for a safe and effective treatment. Remember, any abuse or misuse may lead to potential side effects.
In order to get desired results from Ambien (Zolpidem), you should adhere to these safety measures
- This tablet should only be taken if you plan to sleep for at least 7-8 hours.
- Avoid crushing, chewing or breaking of this pill.
- Avoid it, if you are having a history of heart, kidney, liver or lung disease.
- Stay away from Ambien if you suffer from sleep apnea.
- Patients with alcohol and substance abuse should avoid it.
- Avoid It, If you suffer from asthma, bronchitis, emphysema or myasthenia gravis.
- This medicine is not recommended for patients with personality disorder or depression.
Usage guidelines of Ambien (Zolpidem)
The prescribed dosage of Zolpidem is 1 tablet a day before bedtime. It should be swallowed with a glass of water. Consuming more than the recommended dosage can be harmful to your health. Further, it should never be combined with other sleep medications. If you miss a dosage, never take the double dose next time as it could slow down your cognitive abilities, lead to memory problems and aggravate the risk of accidents. And lastly, this pill is not meant for minors and mentally unstable patients.
Use of Zolpidem Tablets leads to side effects
It is advisable to use Ambien under the guidance of a certified physician. Like other sleep medications, use of Ambien also leads to both common as well as potential side effects in the body of the users.
Common Side Effects of Ambien ( Zolpidem)
Mild side effects include dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, change in taste, tiredness etc. which usually fade away after 5-6 hours.
Adverse Side Effects of Ambien ( Zolpidem)
Severe side effects include irregular heartbeat, pain in the chest, breathing problems, suicidal thoughts, memory loss, depression, aggression, confusion, headache, body rashes, and anxiety. Don’t use this tablet before driving a car or operating heavy machinery.